Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Election 101

Many of you made it a point to watch the debate between Senator Barack Obama and Senator John McCain. Whether or not they answered some of your pressing questions and concerns…that is left up to you to decide. However, if you are anything like yours truly…I’m positive you didn’t get much answered within the hour provided. Heck, I do not believe the moderator asked all his questions due to the long-winded candidate that took over. So, when I came across this election guide in the October 2008 issue of Essence; I leaped for joy! This is a fundamental comparison chart and it gives you a deeper view of where both candidates stand on the issues that matter to you.



It is crucial that you know why you are voting. Yes, it is important that we cast our vote, but let us go beyond that small call of duty and develop knowledge of politics. You will be better for it.



I doubt if you would like to be interviewed and have to tell the interviewee “let me get back to you on that one”.



Keeping you in the know…

BTW...check out the chart @ www.essence.com

No comments: